The Taverham Neighbourhood Plan is a community-led document for guiding the future development of land in the parish until 2039. It is about the use and development of land.
By 2040 Taverham will remain a distinct, well connected, viable and appropriately designed semi-rural village, with a strong integrated community. Recognising the parish heritage, it will have excellent services, a variety of quality homes, flourishing businesses, valued countryside and wooded areas. Taverham will be a safe and sustainable place where people want to live, work and play.
All the Neighbourhood Plan documents can be found below.
- Taverham Neighbourhood Plan – Referendum version (May 2021)
- Basic Conditions Statement
- Consultation Statement
- Sustainability Appraisal
- Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report
- Strategic Environmental Assessment Screening Report
- Habitat Regulation Screening Report
- PUBLIC NOTICE Taverham Neighbourhood Plan decision
- Taverham Neighbourhood Plan Decision Statement
- Taverham Neighbourhood Plan Examination Final Report
- Taverham Parish Council – notice of decision letter
Understanding Neighbourhood Planning
In addition to our preferences for development being considered an adopted Neighbourhood Plan will mean Taverham Parish Council will receive 25% of the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) which developers of land pay to Broadland District Council. Without an adopted plan this CIL payable is only 15%.